This is the support page for No Doodle, a Google Chrome extension allowing you to disable Google’s Doodles. Doodles usually appear on the Google Search homepage and search results page. This Chrome extension will replace Doodles with the classic 2013 Google logo.
If you like the extension, don’t hesitate to leave a review on the Store!
No Doodle has been taken off the Chrome Web Store. It is no longer available. I have found that the best way to get rid of these Doodles was to use another search engine. DuckDuckGo is a good alternative.
- removed “tabs” permission
- Added support for the Google Chrome’s new Tab
- Added support for encrypted.google.com
- Updated Google logo to match the 2013 logo
- Cleaned/simplified code
- Fixed dynamic Doodle detection logic
- Fixed: Google+ logo that was changed by mistake.
- Performance improvement: better integration within the page, no more flashes showing the doodle for a brief period of time.
- Permissions reduced to Google’s sites only
There are no known issues for the v0.7.4, however, note that it is possible that some Doodles manage to get through the current detection logic. If you face this situation, please send me the Google domain on which you’re experiencing issues, so that I can troubleshoot and release the relevant fix. Thanks!
In the next version
- A better icon (because the current one is just damn ugly)
- An option page